Sustainability & Environment
Central areas of our activities
Since the founding of the Bergschule in 1985, sustainability has been an important part of our business foundation and anchored in our mission statement. Important projects in this context included
- 2009 the certification as climate neutral mountain and ski school
- 2010 the implementation of the ECOONE project to evaluate the sustainability of sports products for ispo and
- From 2012 to 2018, he worked as a partner and partly as managing director of the "Model Municipality for Electromobility" project in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, which is funded by the German government.
- As a member of the Association of German Mountaineering Schools, we have been a shareholder in the Nature Sports Academy since 2022. The professional associations of water sports enthusiasts, mountain bikers, ski instructors and mountain schools have joined forces in the academy to promote sustainable nature sports.
- In addition, since our founding, we have regularly implemented social projects with the SChlaU school, among others.
Together with industrial partners, we are committed to reducing environmental impact and are happy to refer to the efforts and projects of our partners, such as environmentally friendly production to the highest industrial standards in Germany at Edelrid, Lowa, Völkl Ski, Ortovox or in the use of innovative, sustainable or renewable raw materials for The North Face or Woolpower.
Since a large part of the "mountain sports CO2" is produced during the journey to and from the mountains, we support together with our Mobility partner Autohaus Hornung alternative mobility concepts. These include modern hybrid or electric vehicles such as the Mercedes EQ models or special offers to guests who travel to Garmisch-Partenkirchen by public transport and who can rent a Mercedes or Smart car there.