+ ONLY 4 PARTICIPANTS PER GUIDE
+ SKI MOUNTAINEERING TRAINING
+ FOR EXPERIENCED SKI TOURERS
If you want to improve your skills and knowledge, where better than with a ski touring pro on a high alpine ski tour?
The Wildspitze, the highest peak in Tyrol, offers everything that makes a real high alpine ski tour: flat and steep slopes, glaciers, different hanging positions, an exposed summit ridge and of course a fantastic summit. It is not without reason that it is number 2 in the bergwelten ranking of "epic ski tours."
Your mountain and ski guide will show you on tour and in the perfect training area on the Piztaler Glacier the perfect track layout, tricks and tips for pointed and kick turns but also many basics for risk management or orientation as well as for the ascent of easy glaciers.
Base of the ski touring course is the fantastically located Breslauer Hütte at 2801m altitude. Here you will find excellent accommodation with modern camps and excellent catering.
Program and process
- Economical ascent technique, walking with skins on flat and steep slopes, ascents in the fall line and slope crossings, kick and pointed turns, stepping on arches, etc.
- Ascent tactics, track layout etc., where is the best snow, where is the safest slope, where is the most comfortable ascent Risk management with practical avalanche awareness and avalanche transceiver training, Improvement of ski technique for different snow situations and slope steepnesses
- Ascent techniques: Walking with skins, track setting, kick turn
- Snow and avalanche awareness: current decision-making strategies in practice, equipment, first aid and orientation
- Roping on the glacier, simple crevasse rescue using loose pulley, descending on the glacier
- Other topics you may wish to learn
Arrival and meeting point with the group and your mountain guide.
Ascent to the hut and improvement of ski technique and training of crevasse rescue.
Tour planning in the evening
In the early morning we start the high altitude ski tour to the Wildspitze.
Change of program
All courses and tours are conscientiously organized and carried out according to the safety standards of the VIVALPIN Mountain and Ski School with qualified mountain guides. An adjustment of the approved tour program is possible for safety-related reasons such as bad weather, dangerous conditions or insufficient prerequisites of the participants. The decision for the final program is made by the mountain guide on site.
In the afternoon of the second day approx. 16 o'clock
At least 4 participants
At 09:00 o'clock in front of the valley station in front of Hotel Post in Vent
Getting there by car
Address for navigation: Hotel Post, Venterstraße 47, 6458 Vent, Austria
The base of the ski touring course is the beautifully situated Breslauer Hütte at 2844m above sea level.
Up to 100 meters altitude difference, condition for up to 4h ascent, experience in ski touring, experience in crampon walking, safe parallel ski technique, high altitude touring experience necessary.
Certified mountain and ski guide
1x overnight stay at the Breslau hut
Dinner with several courses and rich breakfast
ORTOVOX rental equipment (avalanche transceiver, probe and shovel)
Drinks and snacks